Inspirational Birth Quote Of The Day
“Wouldn’t it be so amazingly good if women’s right to true freedom in birth could somehow be elevated, articulated and embraced as the war cry of all women of the world…”
This is a quote by Donal Kerry, the International Spokesperson for the Justice for Ágnes Geréb campaign. It was his response to my recent blog about Dr Ágnes Geréb.
I think this quote could help articulate a war cry – a war cry that says:
- No more injustice within birth
- No more midwives prosecuted simply because they support women’s choices
- No more women’s rights in birth being routinely violated during childbirth.
- No more obstetric violence
- No more women being told they are “not allowed” to do something during birth, whether that is being told they are “not allowed” to
- give birth at home, they are “not allowed” to eat during labour, they are “not allowed” to move during labour etc.
- No more ignorance about the natural physiology of birth – see our Birth Summit video series on the science of the microbiome and why it is so critically important!
I’m sure you can think of plenty other things that could be listed in this articulation of a war cry. If so, then please list them as a comment below, or on our Facebook page: facebook.com/oneworldbirth
To remind you what Donal Kerry said in his powerful quote: “Wouldn’t it be so amazingly good if women’s right to true freedom in birth could somehow be elevated, articulated and embraced as the war cry of all women of the world….”
Yes, I think it would be so amazingly good. Don’t you?